Fall ’21 Tryouts for a position on one of our three teams (Varsity, JV & Freshmen) will be conducted over 2 days with a 3rd day reserved if needed. All players who tryout must have completed the necessary paperwork which can be found here. Tryout dates/times are listed below. It is important that all players attend all sessions assigned to them by the coaching staff. The general guidelines under which the tryouts will be conducted are listed below.
Our intent is to provide an equal and competitive environment for all players. While we would like for all players who tryout to be selected, it simply isn’t possible. Players must recognize that not everyone will be successful in being selected. Should a player not be selected there are other athletic programs that we would heartily encourage players to pursue at PVI. There are also other opportunities within the volleyball program, such as managing, statistic collection and video, that can be pursued that will contribute to our program’s success this season.
It is important for players to recognize that being a part of PVI Volleyball is a huge time commitment. While we still want our players to be teenagers, trying to do everything is simply not possible. When your peers head off on an early dismissal day you will be in the gym practicing or getting ready to board a bus to go play a match. This is essentially a 6-day a week commitment from the start of tryouts until late October or early November should we be fortunate enough to advance in our post-season tournaments. You will be challenged to manage your time in a manner to be the best possible student you can be in and out of the classroom.
It’s not easy, but the rewards are significant. Make this decision to tryout a serious commitment!
If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact Coach Farrar at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tryout Commitment Form
|Thu Aug 12||Session #1 Varsity||10:00am – 12:00pm||PAC|
|Session #2 Varsity||2:00pm – 4:00pm||PAC|
|Session #3 JV/F||5:00pm – 8:00pm||PAC|
|Fri Aug 13||Session #4 Varsity||2:00pm – 4:00pm||PAC|
|Session #5 JV/F||5:00pm – 8:00pm||PAC|
|Sat Aug 14||Practices begin||V 9:00am – 11:30am|
JV/F Noon – 2:00pm
|Program Wide Event||2:30pm – 4:00pm||PAC|
|Mon Aug 16||Important – Parent Meeting|
|5:30pm – 6:30pm|
- It is important that players arrive on time and ready to play. The start times shown mean players should be dressed and on the court ready to play.
- No one is permitted in the gym area other than coaches and players during tryout sessions.
- Freshmen (Class of ’25) may tryout all teams; V, JV or F.
- Sophomores (Class of ’24) may tryout for either V or JV.
- Juniors (Class of ’23) and Seniors (Class of ’22) must tryout for V.
- Players will be notified after each session which session they should then attend. For example, a Sophomore attending Session #1 trying out for V, may be asked to come back to either Session #2 or Session #3. Please make lunch and transportation arrangements to accommodate this scheduling.
- We will make every effort to speak to each player individually whether they are selected or not. This can be a difficult time for players and we will do our best to respect their feelings.